Ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

Hey Babes.

I live in Utah, the greatest snow on earth! Pft wrong! I hate snow. It's cold, driving is a nightmare, so we shut ourselves in and pretend it's summer. We try to go play in the snow, sometimes the rain, but with kids that's not always the case. So here is a list of ways to keep everyone sane on snowy/rainy days.

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days



Playdoh:

My saving grace. Kids love playdoh and it's somewhat easy to clean up. You can buy them at Walmart for as low as .50 a container. (purchase some here, here, and here.)

You can also make playdoh if you don't have any on hand.



Play Kitchen:

I have been making felt food for Aria since she was born. We got her a kitchen for Christmas and she loves to play kitchen and house. I also made her a couple princess aprons to cook with. Play with your kids. It sucks outside and you all need to just be kids and play. It really helps my day when I get down and just play with the kiddo. Housework can wait, we are all mom's we know that a messy house means you have been playing with your kids. ( You can purchase a kitchen here, here or here.)

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days


Make cookies:

This is messy, but it is fun and delicious. The kids love it, I love baking cookies. You make so many memories doing this. Sometimes the cookies may get an egg shell, or too much salt, but hey it was fun for all of you.

Play with balls:

We purchased two bags of those ball pit balls last year and they have been a life saver. They were pretty cheap but you can put them anywhere and let kids have a hay day. We have an Ikea play tent we throw ours into. We even throw some on the guest bed, rip off all the sheets and let Aria jump on the bed with the balls. She is supervised. I'm too much of a helicopter mom.


ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

Movies:

I ate my words really fast when I said I wouldn't have an electronic babysitter. It makes things quiet for at least 45 minutes. Pop some popcorn sit down and watch a movie. I use this time to go bathroom without an audience, or pick some messes up. You can even sit down and relax and watch a movie with them. Even if you have seen it 5 times that day already...don't judge.

Cars:

Aria loves playing cars. We got this really cheap car mat from ikea. You can make your own there are a million tutorials on pinterest. This keeps her occupied for a little bit. It's fun to watch her imagination go wild. She loves cars. ( Car mat from Ikea, cars from target.)

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days


Color/ Puzzles

I still love to color, so when Aria asks to color I drop everything for that time with her. It's nice to lay down and talk with her. Even though we still have somewhat of a language barrier it's fun to teach her colors, talk and encourage her.

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days

ways to entertain you kids on snowy/rainy days


I hope these ideas helped you. They are sure helpful to us when the weather is crumby outside. What do you do to keep kids occupied on a snowy/rainy day?

Labels: , , , , , ,