Arias New Room

Hey Babes,

I am loving our new home. Having a place for everything is such an amazing concept. There is so much room and so many walls to decorate.

Aria's room was the first to get decorated. I was going to do a whole new theme for her and redecorate. That was getting to expensive so I just stuck with her old stuff, I will be adding to her room as we go, but for now this works so well.

mermaid room

This is one of my favorite parts of Aria's room. This cute little window next to her closet has such a cute view. Her room has fantastic lighting. I wanted her to have an area to set her favorite little stuffed animals. Of course in sticking to the little mermaid theme I hung the "dinglehopper" in this corner. This boat shelf was a fun DIY project. We found this boat at Hobby Lobby for $20. I repainted it in Aria's colors. I then filled it with little trinkets and mementos. The cute little nightlight below helps Aria sleep at night, but it also is light activated. So if there is light it shuts off, when it is dark it turns on. 

Boat Shelves | Dinglehopper | Curtains | Night Light

little mermaid room

Wall Shelves | Cube Unit | Cubes

These cubes will eventually be replaced with a dresser. She originally had a gorgeous vintage buffet dresser in her room but we relocated it to a different room. I am on the hunt for another one. For now this will suffice. I have all her diapers and baby gear in these cubes. 
In the right corner we are building a reading nook. I cannot wait to get that going. She loves to read. 

mermaid room

little mermaid room

little mermaid room

little mermaid room

Mermaid Sign

This cute sign is not only adorable but it has a lot of meaning behind it. The amazing woman that bought this for Aria was a close friend to us that passed away tragically. Looking at it makes me think of her and it feel likes she is in a way watching over Aria. It is such a sentimental piece. I love it. 

little mermaid room

Ariel | Lamb | Wubbanub | Seahorse | Sheets

Aria has to have a few things to fall asleep at night. The music of this seahorse, the white noise of the lamb, the wubbanubs, and her mermaid. She sings to the sea horses music until she falls asleep. It is the cutest thing to watch. 

little mermaid room

I wanted to hang these inexpensive shelves to display her seashells and photos. She was so cranky for her cake smash pictures. We got like to shots of her happy or smiling. Just crying and eating cake. They are adorable, but so unlike her. Go figure. 

little mermaid room

I know this has nothing to do with under the sea or mermaids, but I made this for her birthday party and I fell in love with it. The colors work, but kinda off themed.  It's hanging in her entry way and I love it. 

little mermaid room

My little princess deserves a cute little princess bed set up. I created a faux canopy. These seashell curtain hooks work perfectly to hold her canopy. The thing at the top is actually a shelf we made into the canopy crown. We hung two shelves to the left to hold her shells, and her monitor. 

Labels: , , , , , ,