One Dress Three Ways: Stripes and Plaid

stripes and plaid

stripes and plaid

stripes and plaid

stripes and plaid

stripes and plaid

stripes and plaid

Outfit Details:

Dress: Jcpenney | Shirt: Jcpenney | Tights: Target | Boots: Cotton On

Hey Babes,

I hope you are all having a fantastic week! My creative juices are coming back! It's so nice to be inspired again and bring you some great outfits. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see. I'd be happy to help you with any style issues you may have. 

If you have followed me for a while you know I love my pattern mixing. Especially when it involves stripes. I found this wine colored plaid top and knew it would look amazing with a striped pair of trousers, skirt, or dress. Like I have told you before, I'm living in boxes so when stripes came to mind I knew I had to pair it with the striped dress I recently purchased from Jcpenney. When pattern mixing you want some similar colors in both patterns. The blacks and whites are in both pieces. I love that the wine is a perfect contrast to the white. I love this mix of patterns, colors, and fabrics. This works well for school, work, and even church.

What are your pattern mixing rules? What are your favorite patterns to mix?

Labels: , , , ,