DIY Headress: Perfect for Halloween costumes


diy headdress


Hey Guys,

Aria had her second birthday party this weekend. I honestly cannot believe how fast time flies. It feels like yesterday I was in the hospital waiting to meet her. Time really has gotten away from me. I love this little girl so much. She makes me laugh everyday. She is hilarious, I cannot wait to see what she is like as she grows older. She is going to be goofy like her mom and dad.

Onto the headress. I browsed pinterest everyday to find a tutorial on a headress I liked and was budget friendly. With the big move I needed something easy and inexpensive. I came up empty handed. There really wasn't anything that caught my eye. So I was going to take a trip to Hobby Lobby to see what I could come up with. Browsing a few aisles of trim and ribbon I was tempted in just forgoing the headress all together. The trim I really loved was 19.99 a yard. That was way of what I wanted to spend. I gave that a break and went to look for feathers, on my way I saw these adorable headbands. They were lace, and sparkly and everything I wanted for her headdress. The headband was inexpensive to start, but I used a 40% coupon to drive the price down a little more. I grabbed white feathers in the craft section and went home to put this all together.

It turned out so cute, I couldn't be happier. It was perfect for our " Lost girls of Neverland-Never Grow up" theme. I will share party details later this week.

This would be perfect for a Tiger Lilly Costume, Pocahontas, Native American, Halloween Costume.

Supplies:

diy headdress


-Trim, headband, stiffened lace whatever you want as the base of the headress ($4.99 had a 40% off coupon)
-Feathers ($1.99)
-Hot glue gun (already had)
   (total price came to $5 and some change)

Instructions:

-This really took less than 10 minutes to make. If you want to put feathers all the way around it might take 15-20 minutes.

- Warm up your glue gun

-Get out the feathers and find the ones you like and arrange them in the order you want them on the headband

-Make sure you like the layout before you start gluing

-Start gluing down the feathers.

-Let dry for 30 minutes

diy headdress


ALL DONE!

diy headdress

Labels: , , , , , ,