Yellow and Dots: Finding your way out of a style rut.










What I'm Wearing:
Polka Dot Top: H&M (similar) | Yellow Top: Forever 21 | Skinny Jeans: American Eagle | Shoes: Charolette Russe | Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar)

Hey Guys, 

I hope you are all having a great week. I am ready for basketball to be over with. My bracket is still viable but its so stressful each week watching these games. It can't end soon enough.

So lately I have been in a style rut. When that happens go to your basics. Go to what you know works. My basics are blouse tops, skinny jeans, and a pattern. This way you look styled without spending hours in your closet. I say when you are in a rut outfit repeats, or find inspiration on pinterest. You can also go to your favorite shows for inspiration. Shopping is another alternative but I know we can't all just hit up that mall and buy a new wardrobe. Grab few tops from your closet and a a few bottoms. Mix and match until you find a combination that works. I usually grab a few neutrals and a few colors. I layer and play around with them to see what works with what. For bottoms I grab a pair of denim, a pair of leggings, a skirt and black skinnies. I do the same with them with the different tops. Sometimes you may come up with a few outfits you like and you may end up just throwing on yesterdays outfit. 

Adding accessories can always change up an outfit. Say you wore a black tee and white skinnies. You can easily change up the outfit by adding a statement necklace and a blazer.

Labels: , , , , , , ,