Rescuing senior pets has become a very important thing to me. I love kittens don't get me wrong. There are so many older animals that need a loving home. They have grown up in shelters and haven't felt the love many other animals get the opportunity to feel. We have rescued two senior cats in our life, a few babies, and a few young adult cats. Here are my top 10 reasons you should adopt a senior.
1. They love you on a whole different level. Ghost is our senior adoptee. And he is so loving!
2. You don't have to potty train. That in and of itself is a bonus
3. They are so patient. Great around kids. They are just glad to have a home.
4. Most are already spayed or neutered.
5. They are very independent. They have lived this long taking care of themselves. They are low maintenance.
6. Cats love to run randomly from room to room, in the middle of the night. Older cats, just love to sleep. You will get your rest as they get theirs.
7. Most medical issues have been resolved, or discovered. So you know what your getting into when adopting an older cat. You know if they have bladder issues, or eye issues. Figuring out medical conditions with a kitten gets pricey.
8. They are don't scratch furniture, carpet, or your legs. They have already learned where they can sharpen their claws and where they can't. So you don't lose expensive furniture or clothes due to claw training.
9. They are mostly well behaved around other cats. They have matured past the point of dominance. They don't care whose territory is whose. They are very non confrontational.
10. They show you a different kind of love and they teach you a new kind of love. I absolutely encourage adopted senior pets. The vets put Ghost at about 22 years old. He is still going strong.
Thanks to Rachael Ray these senior, or unwanted pets aren't forgoten. Rachaels Rescue was created for the forgotten pets. The ones who haven't been lucky to find their furever home. 100% of her personal proceeds also goes to fund medical supplies, food, and treatments for animals in need. Every time you buy a bag of Nutrish you help an animal in need. How can you go wrong with that?
Labels: #NutrishSeniorPets #sponsored