Rework it











What I'm Wearing:

Dress/Tunic: Cotton On (old) (similar) | Jacket: Charming Charlie (similar) | Leggings: Love Culture (similar only $10)
Boots: Cotton On (old) (similar only $35) | Jewelry: Charming Charlie


When you are on a budget reworking items of clothing is such a great way to update, or change up an outfit. That doesn't always mean you have to drag out the sewing machine. 

This "tunic" is actually a dress I got from cotton on. There is an elastic waist line. So what I did to change this dress up is I just rolled the dress until I got the desired length. I just tucked it under the elastic and voile. Sometimes you can just do a simple cross stitch to temporarily alter a garment. Or you can pull out the sewing machine and completely refashion an item. Merrick's Art is a great blog for those of you who want to refashion or sew an item. She has so many cute tutorials! So check her out here. There is also Leanne Barlow. Another fantastic DIY Fashion blog. How do you re-freshen your wardrobe? Have you restyled anything from your closet?

Labels: , , , , , ,