How to mend a broken heart: Dating




Oh the dating game. So excited, so fun, so much stress. We all experience heartbreak when dating. It is just simply part of life. Sometimes we learn from our mistakes, and sometimes it takes a little longer. In my experience the best advice ever given to me was, no matter how in love with a person you are, if it doesn't work out there is ALWAYS someone better for you. It is hard to realize this at the time but I promise you it is true!

Back in the day when I was dating I was set up with what I thought at the time was the perfect guy. He had everything I wanted. We went on few dates here and there, texted, emailed, and talked. It was time for him to leave on a mission so we went out on our last date. He kept saying your so going to be married when I get back, your going to stop writing and I assured him that wasn't going to happen. He left making me feel like we had serious plans when he got back.
So his two years went by so slowly. I wrote, sent packages, supported him every step of the way. He would write back, and it was going well.
Two years were up and he was coming home finally. His mom had a surprise party waiting for him when he got home and I wasn't going to go. I had other plans and wanted him to settle in before I saw him, but I was stupid and went anyway. The whole night he avoided me like the plague. So I was pretty bummed but figured he was just trying to get back into the swing of things.
A few days later he started texting every so often. Not a whole lot of conversing but I was willing to take anything I could get with him. Then his Homecoming came around and I went. The party afterwards again, avoided me like the plague. I was taking a hint. So I kind of just let things go. Then he asked to go on a date later that month. I got all excited again and at the time I thought the date was fun and went well. Now that I look back on it, it was probably one of the most awkward dates ever. But after that date he fell off the face of the earth. And being a typical girl, I went through the "there's something wrong with me" scenario. I tried talking to him but didn't really get anything. I was so lame and naive to believe he just needed time. So I kinda waited around. I finally just gave up and started dating again.
One day I got a really long facebook email from him. He basically dumped me over facebook without us really even being together. It was kinda a hard blow. Not being dumped but it being over facebook. Usually its a softer blow when the guy takes the time and decency to do it face to face. I mean after all that time and  support, I figured he should at least have the decency to do it to my face instead of behind a computer. After that I was pretty jaded. I would date, but I would not commit to anyone. I dated some really awesome guys but it wouldn't work out because I wouldn't commit. I took the motto "no rings, no strings" to heart.
Then I started dating Brandon on and off. And while dating other guys, I always compared them to Brandon, I stopped comparing them to the Missionary. Brandon is more than I could ever ask for. I am so glad I went through all the crap I did in the end. It brought me to Brandon. So when I was told if things don't work out there is always someone better, and that was Brandon. He is absolutely my best friend, soul mate, and partner. I never thought I could love another human as much as I love him. I could not imagine my life any different. So I am so grateful for the facebook dump. Because in the end I traded up. I ended up with someone much better, and much more compatible. So for a anyone dealing with a bad break up just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is always someone better. You will find the person you are suppose to be with eventually. I am so thankful I did. Don't ever beat yourself up. Don't change the person you are to fit someone Else's ideal. You are amazing for who you are. You don't ever need to change for anyone! I love you guys so much, thank you for all your support.

Labels: , , , , , ,